Infolinks In Text Ads

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Ants Marching


Woke up today for sahur to find about 32-34 ants who drowned themselves in my glass of sea coconut drink I left on my nightstand.

This is such a familiar sight. Ants, attracted to sweetness out of pure instinct would brazenly (or foolishly) get into a (literally) sticky sweet situation regardless of the impending doom that awaits them.

Ants dead and drowned in my coke. Ants dead and drowned in my cough syrup. Ants, dead and frozen in my fridge, possibly whilst trying to carry away a cut apple.

They have the natural instincts to find grub, protect the queen, safeguard the colony, and even send ant signals to one another while organizing the best way to drag a dead dung beetle.

Yet they can't tell each other something simple like " Don't go there! You'll drown!"

Is this God's twisted way of monitoring the world's ant population so that they won't breed and grow in colonies that may eventually overpower us?

*Ponder*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe, just maybe..you overanalyze things..have you thought of that? BTW, there are people yuo can talk to about this pent up 'whatever', you know!