Infolinks In Text Ads

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Let's Get Involved!


I was on my ceramic throne today (i.e. toilet bowl for you simpletons) reading a copy of my wife's I'm Pregnant! magazine. The article was about what to expect during labour. I learnt a great many thing there, on the crapper. Among them was the ever famous "you men think you have it easy!" subject of labor pains and contractions.


In my foolish determination to be a an A-grade caring partner to a 6 month pregnant woman, I wanted to be extremely supportive when that moment will eventually arrive. In order to do that, I obviously have to learn as much as I can about what she will or may go through.


Birthing contractions get closer and closer as the baby is nearing the time for it to be born. Contractions can last for 2-3 minutes each time.


And then I had an epiphany.


2-3 minutes and an explosion of audibly wretched moments later, I emerged out of the toilet (sanitized of course), as the most sensitively understanding and caring husband and birthing partner in the whole world.




4 comments:

xenoed said...

looks like you're having your contractions too while reclaiming your throne.. haha

Elisa said...

You have no idea!

The Fuzzmeister said...

You have no idea as well! YOu haven't started your contractions yet honey.

Elisa said...

Well...i've seen pictures of labour and heartburn,indigestion and every other symptom in the darn book!!

Plus Im the one that will have her private parts torn open and then stiched up!!! argggghhh